Breaking ground on a new senior living development is an exciting milestone. It’s a culmination of many months of planning, permitting, and bringing all the pieces together. As the vision becomes reality, one critical piece that can’t be overlooked is the IT infrastructure for your new development.
It may not be as flashy as the architecture or interior décor, but IT plays a pivotal role in how well your community will function over the years. Get it right the first time, so you don’t face endless headaches and expenses later!
Frequently asked questions about IT for new senior living developments
When should IT be added into the new development process?
Adding IT to your new senior living development should be a priority from the planning stages of the project. In today’s world, technology has become a major part of everyone’s life, and seniors are no exception. Integrating IT into senior living facilities will improve communication, enhance safety, and increase independence for residents.
On the business side, the day-to-day operations of your community also depend on smooth-functioning, glitch-free tech—another reason why the time to consider the IT infrastructure for your senior living development is early in the planning stages.
Should our IT provider be included in infrastructure planning?
Your IT provider should be involved in your plans from the get-go to make sure the development is wired properly to support resident use and business operations.
Another concern, especially during times of supply-chain disruption, is sourcing materials and equipment for your IT infrastructure. Getting those orders in early can make all the difference in avoiding costly and inconvenient delays.
When should we contact internet and cable providers?
Early in the planning stages, to ensure that you have enough time to evaluate different providers and their services, negotiate contracts and install the necessary infrastructure.
Consider the needs and preferences of your residents and staff. Make sure the provider you choose offers reliable service, fast internet speeds, and a range of channel options that your residents will enjoy.
How do I find the right internet and cable provider for our IT needs?
Finding the right internet and cable provider for a senior living development’s IT needs requires research and consideration of specific factors. These include:
- Your community’s IT needs
- Available internet and cable providers in your area
- Pricing and packages
- Reliability and quality of service
- Customer support
- References from other senior living communities
Consider contacting us! RSN Technologies are experts in both operations and tech, and we’re here to serve you. Call us anytime for a complimentary consultation.
When does my new development need to consider cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity should be integrated into the planning and design stages. Senior living developments need a plan to protect:
- Residents’ personal information, such as medical records and financial information
- Residents’ safety. If a cyber attack were to compromise the security of a resident’s medical device, it could have serious consequences
- Building systems that rely on digital technology
How do I ensure that my new development’s information is secure during all phases of construction?
Securing your new development’s information during all phases of construction is critical to protecting your sensitive data, and confidential information. Lock down your cybersecurity by:
- Developing a security plan
- Conducting a risk assessment
- Implementing firewalls, antivirus software, and encryption technologies
- Using secure storage and backup systems, limiting access to sensitive information to authorized personnel only, and implementing strong passwords and access controls
- Monitoring and auditing your security measures regularly to ensure they are effective and identify any weaknesses that need to be addressed
RSN Technologies ensures your IT system’s success, every step of the way
At RSN Technologies, IT for senior living communities is what we do. We have extensive experience with new developments and know exactly what’s required for successfully integrating your tech infrastructure into the development process. Contact us today to learn how we can partner with your senior living community!